Children can be a handful when it comes to dressing. Depending on their age, you can have good or hard dressing moments. Toddlers offer to play and undress rather than get down to business and dress up. As children grow, they change in their play patterns, and body size, so their dressing needs differ.
Shopping for children’s wear can be fun as you need to consider various things. There are several stores and children’s boutique dedicated to stocking outfits of all ages. Have the following in mind while you shop.
Physical Development Determines Cloth Choice
All children do not grow at the same rate. Some grow faster than others, though they belong to the same age bracket. However, for the early years of development, children grow fast, and their coordination is improved.
And because of the difference in growth rate, parents should choose clothes for short-term use. Children can outgrow the best cloth items in a few months.
Choice clothes are made from strong, durable material because they can endure frequent washing. If you have a washing machine, you can buy a few cloth items and clean them easily. Children between 12-18 months buy a few clothes because it is a phase of rapid growth.
Clothes for Convenient Dressing
Young children do not enjoy dressing moments. Taking off socks, unzipping, pulling pants up and down, untying belts can be a daunting task for young children. Consequently, outfits with several details like buttons, snaps, and zippers.
One dressing headache for children is any outfit that involves pulling over the head. The struggle when dressing cardigans can cause discomfort making the child dislike dressing moments. Alternatively, find pullovers with a loose-fitting around the neckline or one with a zipper, or open on the shoulder to ease dressing.
A child’s body may be small but is similar to that of a mature adult. So while dressing them in pants and trousers, do not force them in uncomfortable directions. You may hurt their delicate limbs.
Some ideal features to look for in children’s outfits are;
- Zippers with sizeable pull rings
- Tags or marks to indicate the front and back/right and left leg
- Front openings, along the shoulder or large neckline opening
- Simple to do and undo fasteners, e.g. large buttons
- Elastic waistline instead of a belt
- Easy slip pockets
Comfortable Clothing Enhance Comfort and Well Being
Any children’s outfit should be comfortable. Despite other preferences like design, fashion and color the child should first be comfortable. What factors enhance comfort?
- Warmth-Choose outfits that keep the child warm or cool depending on the weather. Cotton and wool-blended fabrics make warm and absorbent clothes.
- Restriction-Pick clothes that allow free movement while playing, sleeping, or walking. All outfits should be the appropriate fitting for the child’s body and age.
- The texture of the fabric- Irritating fabrics can cause allergies to a child’s sensitive skin. Choose clothes made from cotton, wool, and knitted fabrics.
Choosing children’s clothing is an exciting parental duty. Visit a leading children’s boutique near you for the best choice of clothes for all ages.